Anti-Spammers Need to Develop Better Manners

I sent an e-zine last week and I received a copy of the return. Been forwarded to me by a customer. In the subject line sentence is two words, for most publications and websites do not like the vulgar, obscene, and profane, I've spared you the right words. Rest assured, however, that Miss Manners would surely disagree.

Can understand the frustration that people feel when they are inundated with unsolicited commercial e-mail. I myself get more than my fair share.

Although my Internet Service Provider (ISP) that allows a spam filter, and although my own set up e-mail filter program, I still get spam.

However, the situation is different with my customers. She chose her in and confirmed your subscription. I use an outside service to handle my mailing list, in part, to protect themselves from false spam complaints.

There are several possibilities here. Unfortunately the customer may forget that they are placed and honestly believed that he received the spam.

Another possibility is that he does not enjoy the content. The correct response when someone offers you something you do not want is "No thanks" not "deleted expletive".

If you were offered a dessert after dinner by the host and you do not want any, just say "No thank you." If you receive a piece of cake and then you're offered, you can accept or reject.

My customers can simply unsubscribe. Instead, he returned (either because he believed I was spamming he or she does not like a newsletter).

He said "yes" when he was placed, he can always say "no" by unsubscribing. Once again, "No thanks" not "deleted expletive".

Roughness associated with this is foolishness some of America Online, Inc. (AOL) shows the customer. By ignorance, I mean that they may not realize they are doing something wrong when they reported the e-mail as they do not like spam.

AOL makes it very easy for their customers to report spam. I would say they make it too easy.

Simply click the "Report Spam". Unfortunately, there is no notation that is close button that says "If you subscribe, just unsubscribe." No, only the "Report Spam."

And they did. Rather than unsubscribe, some AOL subscribers to report spam e-zine as. They select and subscribe. They ensure their customers via e-mail. Their name, e-mail address, IP address, and date and time it was recorded subscription. But, they report you as a spammer.

This, to me, beyond the rough, because it can affect the reputation and livelihood were reported.

I wish I could say that accepting obscenities or threats via e-mail is rare. Unfortunately, this is not the first time for me.

Among the many messages I have received several e-mail saying that I am trying to send (from a few odd names or unreasonable in my domain) is not blocked and is being sent or returned to me. Of course, I never sent an e-mail in the first place.

Sometimes, I received a rude (and sometimes threatening) e-mails from people who think I sent them some fake e-mail. This is equivalent to swearing and threatening to someone you trust allowed their dogs to defecate in your yard. The only problem is that humans do not have a dog.

Again, I sympathize with those who are bothered by spam. I just wish they would direct their anger at the spammer is not me. In fact, Miss Manners would remind us all that there was no excuse for rudeness.

Artikel Terkait


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...